Every season I look forward to the collaboration that Annie, Rebecca and Ruth from What Annie’s Eating and Square Meal Round Table put together for fellow food bloggers and Instagrammers, all focussed on seasonal produce. This winter, we’re brightening these cold days with grapefruit!
These grapefruit donuts have a subtle brightness from the citrus and a thick glaze that every donut should have. They’re also insanely easy and can be whipped up before breakfast for a little morning treat.
I’ve posted links to other bloggers grapefruit recipes below, be sure to check them out!
Ingredients (Makes 10-12 donuts)
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp grapefruit zest
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh grapefruit juice (add a bit more if needed to get droppable consistency)
- Pinch of salt
- A bit of vanilla, like less than 1/4 tsp
Preheat oven to 425F and grease donut tin with butter.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together butter, honey, sugar and zest until smooth and combined. In a separate, small bowl, whisk together vanilla, egg and buttermilk.
Add half the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until combined. Add the milk mixture and mix until combined. Add the remaining flour mixture and mix, careful not to overblend.
Carefully spoon the batter into the donut pan until 1/2-3/4 full. Bake for 8 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Pop out of pan and allow to cool on a rack.
While the donuts cool, make the glaze by whisking together icing sugar and grapefruit juice until smooth. Add salt and vanilla and stir until combined. Adjust for dippable texture and preferred taste.
Once donuts are cool, carefully dip the top in glaze and set on a rack at room temperature.
- What Annie’s Eating – Roasted Side of Salmon with Fennel + Grapefruit Slaw
- Square Meal Round Table –
- Katiebird Bakes – Grapefruit Yogurt Bundt Cake
- My Kitchen Love – Grapefruit Poppyseed Mini Bundt Cakes
- Baking The Goods – Pink Grapefruit Crumble Bars
- Suburban Pie and Treats- Grapefruit Custard Pie
- Farm & Coast Cookery –
- Gobble The Cook – Grapefruit Pound Cake
- Jessie Sheehan Bakes – Pink Grapefruit Bars
- Betterfoodguru- Sweet Grapefruit Vinaigrette
- Candied Pomelo – Chocolate Covered Candied Grapefruit Peels
- The Capsule Kitchen – Grapefruit Margaritas
- Foodsoulutions -refined sugar-free grapefruit rosemary soda
- The Healthy Sins – Grapefruit Curd Tartlets with Roasted Meringue
- Bappy Girl -Grapefruit Basil Marmalade https://bappygirlyum.blogspot.com/2019/02/grapefruit-basil-marmalade.html
- This Healthy Table – Spicy Thai Grapefruit Salad
- Always Eat Dessert – Grapefruit Tart
- For the Love of Gourmet – Grapefruit Olive Oil Cake
- Whatcha Cooking Good Looking? – Grapefruit Creamsicle Bars
- Pie Girl Bakes – Grapefruit Donuts
- Clean Plate Clb – Grapefruit Curd Tart with Champagne Whipped Cream