I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, browning butter before baking cookies or blondies will change your life. It creates a beautifully toasty flavour that adds a little something extra to anything you make and will make everyone wonder what your secret is!
These blondies are chock full of all good things like brown butter, Nutella, chocolate chips, cookies and of course, sea salt. I think we all deserve these rich morcels of deliciousness to make it through the winter.
- 1 cup salted butter
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1/4-1/2 cup crushed chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9×13 pan with parchment.
- Brown butter over medium heat, whisking frequently. The butter will bubble and foam, remove from heat once it is golden brown and smells nutty. Pour into large bowl and cool slightly.
- Beat in brown sugar until incorporated.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until light and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add dry ingredients in 2 parts, mixing until each part is incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide dough in half and press one half into the bottom of the pan, spreading towards the edge. A spatula is useful for this.
- Dollop the Nutella by the tablespoon on the first layer of dough and spread with a spatula to the edge of the dough layer.
- Sprinkle on crumbled cookies.
- Take the last half of dough and place dollops all over the Nutella layer. Carefully press into a layer with your fingers until it covers the Nutella layer.
- Bake for 24 minutes until edges are golden brown. Allow to cool in pan for a half hour before cutting into squares.
2 thoughts on “Nutella Stuffed Cookie Crumble Blondies”
Yum, I need to try these! ❤️
These look so good. My family is Nutella crazy so I’ll have to try the recipe!