This is the first thing I ever baked. My mom and I have been making these cookies for as long as I can remember and for good reason: they’re crispy around the edge and chewy in the middle and totally addictive overall.
I started bringing them to school when I lived in residence after weekends at home and they would be gone within an hour. Everyone craved that unbeatable homemade taste.
If you want to mix it up, throw in things alongside the chocolate chips like goji berries, shredded coconut, or as I did, Oreo crumbs. Highly recommend.
Now go make some friends with cookies!
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2-3/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional: Oreo crumbs to sprinkle throughout dough
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add both sugars and beat for 1 minute. Scrape down bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until it’s VERY fluffy, almost mousse-like (this is important), about 2-3 minutes.
- Mix dry ingredients with a fork in a separate bowl and add gradually to the dough until it is all incorporated throughout.
- Add chocolate chips and any other add-ins and mix until combined.
- Bake at 375F for 11 minutes. If you want them a bit doughier, bake for 9-10 minutes or 12-13 minutes for crispier cookies.
2 thoughts on “Chocolate Chip Cookies: Classic and Oreo Crush”