In the last few months I’ve hardcore fallen in love with cardamom. The flavour is so unique and it adds a nice warmth and spice to any baked good. I love adding a pinch to pies, but I wanted to try and make it a focal point in something.
Enter these cookies. I had a bunch of pistachios leftover from my pistachio lime squares and thought pistachios and cardamom would go perfectly together. Throw some chocolate in because why not and we have these cookies!
The result is a perfectly spiced fall cookie and the pistachios add a delicious crunch. Sneak them into a movie this week like I did and I promise you won’t regret it!
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom (add more to taste if you like)
- 1/2 cup lightly crushed pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg, honey and vanilla and beat until combined and light in colour.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and cardamom and add in 2 batches to the wet ingredients, mixing until combined. Stir in pistachios to dough.
- Drop dough by the tablespoon onto prepared baking sheet and bake at 350F for 10 minutes.