Strawberry season is GIVING ME LIFE!
There’s seriously nothing better than perfectly fresh, ripe, local berries. There are endless dessert possibilities ranging from complex strawberry pastries to this simple yet delicious dessert.
Honestly, you can whip it together in under 20 minutes (excluding oven time but still).
This pound cake is delicious on its own but is seriously elevated with whipped cream and these delicious strawberries, but try it with any ripe, in season fruit! It’s perfect for a summer BBQ.
If you make it with other fruits, let me know how it goes in the comments!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar, plus 1-2 tbsp
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla, plus a half cap full
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Whipping cream (1-2 cups depending on how many people you’re serving)
- Strawberries (or any other berry or in season fruit!)
- Preheat oven to 350F and butter and flour a loaf pan (coat with butter and shake around flour so it sticks to the butter, shake out the excess).
- In a large bowl, mix together butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and mix thoroughly after each addition. Add 2 tsp vanilla and stir.
- Add 1 cup flour and 1/2 tsp salt and beat until just combined. Fold in the final cup of flour until combined and don’t overmix.
- Bake for just under an hour (start checking around 50 minutes) until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pan then invert onto rack.
- Just before serving, whip cream until soft peaks form, add 1-2 tbsp of sugar and half a cap of vanilla (to your preference) and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Serve slices of cake with cream and berries and enjoy!
Cake recipe adapted from Martha Stewart