Everyone has family recipes that they make over and over until it’s as easy as breathing. For me, it’s this banana loaf. My mom, aunts and grandparents make it and it’s usually gone within 24 hours. For something so simple (and easy to make), it’s addictive. You can tell from how my mom’s version of the recipe looks now:
Now that’s love.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Optional: Chocolate chips (start with 1/2 cup and add as your heart desires!)
- Preheat oven to 375F and butter a loaf pan.
- Beat butter and sugar together. Once combined, add eggs and blend until very light and fluffy.
- Add mashed bananas and mix (the mashed bananas should be smooth with some lumps scattered in).
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt and add to wet ingredients. Mix until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean (everyone’s oven is different, it may take longer than 45 minutes)
Serve with butter (especially when right out of the oven) because why not.